Dear April reader,
Thank you again for your lists of things that make you happy. And all of you were right — just reading them made me happier!
Today I want to share a few news items with you, including some upcoming events:
* BBC’s Book at Bedtime has produced an adaptation of The Snow Child with the amazing Miranda Richardson narrating. The first of 10 episodes airs tonight in the UK. It eventually will be archived on their website, where you will you be able to listen to it as well. I had a chance to hear a recording of it earlier. They have adapted the novel seamlessly, and Miranda Richardson is fabulous at the different voices. You might know the actress from movies like Harry Potter, in which she played Rita Skeeter, and The Hours, Enchanted April, Chicken Run, and many others.
* Join me on Twitter later this week for a tweet chat with the book club for Chatelaine Magazine in Canada. You just need an account on Twitter, and then follow the hashtag #ChatBooks. The tweet chat will be Thursday, April 5, at 8 pm EDT.
* Friday Reads is hosting a giveaway of The Snow Child this week. Friday Reads is an online community of book lovers, and you can learn more about how it works and how to get involved by clicking here. More about the contest can be found here.
* Kate Evans with Australia’s Radio National recently interviewed me. She had such great questions, and the editing and sound effects were lovely. If you’re interested in listening, click here.
* Earlier this winter I was fortunate enough to participate in an on-stage discussion at the Anchorage Museum with fellow Alaskan novelist Andromeda Romano-Lax (author of The Detour and The Spanish Bow.) The conversation is now available online — click here to listen.
I know some of you who read my letters are just getting introduced to blogs, so I want to explain the many links in this letter. If you put your mouse arrow on the words that are highlighted and underlined, and then click, a new page in your browser will open with the website page I want to share with you.